Gold Rush Scooter Tour
2.5 - 3 Hrs - including safety course
Majestic mountains rise abruptly on either side of Skagway, a town situated in a narrow glaciated valley at the head of the Taiya Inlet in Alaska. The surrounding wilderness is home to Moose, Bear, Wolves, Fox, Mountain Goats, Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles. Skagway offers both inspirational and recreational opportunities that you wont want to miss out on. Skagway is truly larger than life, and is known for being one of the most beautiful places in the world.
During the Summer months both locals and visitors enjoy getting outdoors and exploring on our scooters. A super exciting, easy to drive scooter will add to your Alaskan experience like nothing else. We make sure to give everyone a free hands on riding lesson before each tour. It is the perfect opportunity to try something exciting if you’ve never done it before and to give your inner child a chance to come out and play.
Our Scooter tour consists of a 19 mile round trip, stopping at all of Skagway’s scenic overlooks and historic sites, including Lower Reid Falls, the Gold Rush Cemetery and the head of the historic Chilkoot Trail. You will be accompanied by a guide who will narrate all the stops and is happy to answer all your questions.
Our tour groups consist of up to eight riders and a tour guide. We have a morning, noon and afternoon departures available. Please ensure you arrive on time as there will be some forms to fill out.
You will be required to provide a valid driver’s license, so make sure you bring it with you to the shop. Minimum age to ride is 18.
What to Expect:
- Experience Skagway and the surrounding area from the seat of a Honda Ruckus Scooter!
- Keep an eye out for wildlife, this tour is an awesome opportunity to see bald eagles, golden eagles, bears, seals, sea lions, moose, and more!
- Smell the ocean air and enjoy the wind in your hair as you experience some of Alaska’s most pristine beauty
- Learn the rich history of the 1898 Gold Rush and why Skagway is known as the Gateway to the Klondike
- Take some incredible photos and make memories to last a lifetime
- See why people call this tour “the best adventure they’ve had on their entire trip”